JOB VACANCY – ASSISTANT CIVIL ENGINEER
An Engineering Firm in Ghana is seeking an Assistant Civil Engineer for a project in Kumasi. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the project manager in ensuring that all the construction works are done in accordance with the plans and specification of the contract.
- Coordinating between the project manager and all supervisors.
- In charge of ensuring maximum safety at the construction site.
- Preparation of quarterly work schedule.
- In charge of assigning daily works and task to all supervisors.
- In charge of site quality control and specifications
- In charge of reporting work progress to project manager
- Responsible for writing report on work progress of works to the project manager
- Perform site inspections regularly to ensure that work is done in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Monitoring timelines and flag potential issues to be addressed.
- Maintaining schedules to ensure that key milestones are being met at every phase. Maintain project quality with a hands-on management style.
- Maintaining project schedules by managing timelines and making proactive adjustments. Set project timelines and keep subcontractors on task to complete milestones according to schedule.
- Defining clear targets and objectives and communicate them to the subcontractors.
The location of the works is at: Adagya, Kumasi, Ashanti Region.The Project Office is located at the site of the construction.The duration of employment contract: 10-months (10.2019. – 07.2020.