1.0 Civil/Geological Engineer Job Vacancy
Looking for a Civil/Geological Engineer with geotechnical, structures, seismic and finite element experience in heavy industry sector and should be well versed in engineering project development.
The expected individual should be a team player and should have a good understanding of engineering, with a strong background in engineering geology. The individual should have a strong analytical background and should be conversant with engineering programming. An understanding of Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Assessment (PSHA) will be a big plus. Both local and internationally based Ghanaian applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Masters in Geotechnical, Civil, Geological, Earthquake Engineering or Engineering Seismology.
- Five years minimum post-qualification experience
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a CV with a cover letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose applications are selected to move forward may be asked to buy, complete and submit an application form with other relevant documents.Note: Deadline for submission of letter is 27th May, 2019.
2.0 QUANTITY SURVEYORS Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a QS with a strong numerical and financial engineering management skills, a practical mind
As a quantity surveyor you’ll manage all costs relating to our MEP engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
You’ll seek to minimise the cost of our projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. You’ll prepare estimates and costs of the work and when the project is in progress, you’ll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
As a quantity surveyor, you’ll need to:
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- perform risk, value management and cost control
- advise on a procurement strategy
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- allocate work to subcontractors
- provide advice on contractual claims
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- value completed work and arrange payments
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
What to expect
- The work is site & office based (which may be on a construction site) but also includes site visits, which can take up a whole day.
You’ll need to show:
- a practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking
- a creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- strong numeracy and financial management skills
- the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages
- the ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- negotiation and team work skills
- the ability to motivate and lead those on site
- detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
Note: Deadline for submission of letter is 5th June, 2019
3.0 Design, Estimation & Pre-sales Engineer (MEP)
Roles & Responsibilities
Position : Design & Presales Engineer
Reporting : Project Manager and Group Operations Manager
Job Location : Accra – Ghana
- The Job Summary:
Ensure the understanding of the various technical solutions we carry so that he / she can identify, define, and model these systems to fulfill the requirements of the customer/tender book and transform them into a financial and technical proposal.
- Key Roles Interactions
- Analyze customer requirement through sites surveys and tender book analysis and ensure the availability of the appropriate product/solution that meets the customer requirements.
- To liaise between our manufacturers/suppliers on the one side and our customer/tender specifications on the other in order to obtain the correct information that will allow the building of our technical and financial proposal.
- Obtain guidance and support on the implementation of specific technologies from different sources.
- Prepare the technical and financial proposal up to DOUMMAR standards, which include schematics and drawings.
- Ensure all the deliverables to support our bid are made available in a timely and quality matter.
- Presents deliverables to the Operations Manager for quality control inspections before it is submitted to the customer.
- Assist the Business Development/Sales Executive to present to the customer and to allow him to understand and appreciate our proposed products/solution.
- Participate in technical and sales meetings as and when required
- If need be Perform proof of concepts/demo for our various field of systems’ applications.
- Provide training, testing & commissioning activities including the building up of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Develop and maintain documents for designs and application notes and provide updates to these documents.
- Manage and update database for all proposals in progress.
- Participate in various training programs in and outside the territory.
- Maintain knowledge on industry trends to resolve all design and application issues.
- Professional Skills
Design & Presales Engineers must show at all time the ability to:
- Perform the activities and tasks for which this role is responsible,
- Apply the techniques necessary to complete the responsibilities of this role,
- Use the tools required by these activities, tasks and techniques to deliver quality centric results.
- Work simultaneously on various projects as and when requested.
- Inter Personal Skills
Design & Presales Engineers must show at all time the following attributes:
- Attentive to Detail
- Consistent and Reliable
- Articulate and Diplomatic in his communication
- Practical Thinker
- Project and Goal Focused
- Quality Orientated
- Results Orientated
- Anticipating Potential Problems
- Sense of Timing
4.0 DMEP-Ghana: MEP Project Engineer Roles & Responsibilities
Position : MEP (Electrical or Mechanical) Project Engineer
Job Location : Ghana – Lebanon
Reporting : Group Operations Manager & Project Manager
- The Job Summary:
The Project Engineer (Electrical or Mechanical) of DOUMMAR MEP Contracting Ltd. will report to the Project Manager and/or to the Group Operations Manager
- The Job Description
The Project Engineer (Electrical or Mechanical) manages the following teams:
- Senior Foreman
- Supports during Testing and Commissioning
The other Roles & Responsibilities of the Project
Engineer (Electrical or Mechanical) include but are not limited to the following:
a) Fully and thoroughly capable of working in a fast-paced environment
b) Ensure the mobilization of the proper resources at Site – Man / Machine / Material on time against the program.
c) Overall monitoring of the progress of the site works.
d) Maintaining and improve customer satisfaction through delivering our scope of work on site.
e) Support in Post contract administration by ensuring end of month billing.
f) Ensure cost effectiveness of all project related activities and to meet cost target, thereby proving himself on a sustained basis, as a top-notch Project Engineer professional
j) Ensure all letters, queries from client / consultant are answered promptly and in a comprehensive manner
k) Ensure Safety and welfare of his team members
- The Personal Attributes
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Experience in project engineering
• Decision maker
• Broad experience in leading and motivating teams
• Team player • Minimum of 7 year working experience