Position: Deputy Executive Director
For a regulatory organization working in the scientific, industry, health, mining and oil & gas sectors.
- PhD or Masters in Engineering, Sciences or Law
- Must have a minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience
- Should not be less than 40 years or more than 55 years
- Past work within a regulatory environment and work with international development partners is a plus.
- Should show clear management skills and a strong level of competence in technical matters.
- Must be innovative, business-oriented and possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Would be expected to be the technical lead of the organisation.
- Would be required to support the Executive Director in the leadership and management of the organisation.
- Must be able to lead the development of the different regulatory arms of the organisation, including review and assessments, developing of regulations, conducting inspections and handling enforcement actions.
- Would be expected to liaise with other regulatory bodies and governmental institutions in the furtherance of the work of the organisation.
- Must lead in the development and implementation of appropriate strategies and systems for effective co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of the organisation’s work.
Interested applicants should please send CVs to NDonewell@zohomail.com. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. J
JOB VACANCY – ASSISTANT CIVIL ENGINEER
An Engineering Firm in Ghana is seeking an Assistant Civil Engineer for a project in Kumasi. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the project manager in ensuring that all the construction works are done in accordance with the plans and specification of the contract.
- Coordinating between the project manager and all supervisors.
- In charge of ensuring maximum safety at the construction site.
- Preparation of quarterly work schedule.
- In charge of assigning daily works and task to all supervisors.
- In charge of site quality control and specifications
- In charge of reporting work progress to project manager
- Responsible for writing report on work progress of works to the project manager
- Perform site inspections regularly to ensure that work is done in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Monitoring timelines and flag potential issues to be addressed.
- Maintaining schedules to ensure that key milestones are being met at every phase. Maintain project quality with a hands-on management style.
- Maintaining project schedules by managing timelines and making proactive adjustments. Set project timelines and keep subcontractors on task to complete milestones according to schedule.
- Defining clear targets and objectives and communicate them to the subcontractors.
The location of the works is at: Adagya, Kumasi, Ashanti Region.The Project Office is located at the site of the construction.The duration of employment contract: 10-months (10.2019. – 07.2020.