|Job title||Workshop Manager|
|Reports to||General Manager|
The incumbent would be responsible for managing technical teams to deliver to total engineering services to the company’s clients. These services include, but not limited to:
- Routine servicing, maintenance repairs and refurbishment of heavy duty trucks and Earth Moving Equipment, involving documentations and filing of reports on all Job Orders carried out.
- Direct teams to have completed jobs quality tested to verify the resolving of outstanding issues and pass for collection by customers.
- Direct closely technicians/Mechanics on diagnosis/troubleshooting to isolate and solve problems.
- Implement rules , regulations, safety standards and new processes as assigned by technical manager
- Design and lead periodic training for your department ; On-the –Job Training to upgrade individual teams’ technical competencies
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspect job card to understand customer complaint
- Oversee the allocation of job to the relevant team/technician
- brief the Supervisors/technicians on what to do
- monitor work of the team ensuring adherence to your instructions
- enforcing attendance rules
- based on the job card information check availability of required parts with the warehouse
- Information on expensive repairs by way of service quotes, should be informed to the Customer Service for the written approval from the customer before start of job
- Liaise with the parts department in terms of parts requirements and supply
- Direct safety critical repairs as required, and advise service administration
- Production of productivity report daily
- Co-ordinate resources and liaises with the parts department and order processing department and/or other external contractors to ensure works are delivered on time and according to the company’s quality and safety standards.
- Lead an efficient and effective workshop ensuring good workflow management, and providing scheduled reports to management.
- Responsible for the requisitioning of materials, fixings and fastenings and machine tools to ensure the smooth progression of the workshop.
- Manage yearly workshop budget; investigating any possible discrepancies.
- Guarantee cost-effective use of materials and equipment in the workshop including lubricants and oils
- Responsible for major components change, service or maintenance of clients trucks across the country.
- Be responsible for any communication from and to the workshop
- Handling and taking accountability of warranty parts for the department with suppliers.
Communication with Line Manager
- Any overdue work should be reported
- Root cause analysis report should be done on all product failures
- Brief line management on any Return Jobs
- Communicate on competency gaps/training required to line manager for training
This job requires a person to work outdoors from time to time and also involves on a rotational basis weekend work. Where it becomes necessary, work is carried out on customer’s site which sometimes would require regular travel outside the location of work.
The job is physically demanding, where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
- Minimum Bachelor’s or Higher degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 15years of progressive experience handling responsibilities in the heavy duty trucks maintenance & repairs sector preferable automobile maintenance and repairs, well-honed leadership and management experience; with the ability to motivate a workshop team in a multicultural workshop environment.
- Affiliation to a professional body (engineering) local/foreign
- Knowledge of, HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) standards within the workshop area and industrial management practices.
- A very good knowledge of the Hydraulics, Pneumatics systems as well as the schematics.
- A problem solving attitude is essential to make sure to understand and finally satisfy individual customer needs and requirements.
- A good interpersonal skill set is required. The Workshop Supervisor has to be a self-motivated character, open minded thinker, strong team worker, detail oriented character and good communicator. A quality, accuracy and productivity focused mindset is required, too.
- Agile, responsive working style and the ability to work under time pressure. Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines. Willingness to perform from time to time trouble shooting actions to satisfy customer’s request.
- Ability to recognize and handle conflicts and resolve differences of opinion within the workshop.
- A demonstrable understanding of all relevant laws, rules and regulations governing the area of the workshop and workshop safety in Ghana( Shops and Factories Act)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows and MS-Office software, experiences in Autowares or similar ERP would be preferred.
- Fluently written and spoken English.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Professional Certifications
- Valid Driver’s License
Please send all applications to email@example.com