An evening lecture was held at the Engineers Centre on the 24th of October 2019 titled “Understanding the Science & Engineering of AI”. The presenter Ing. Kwaku Boadu, took participants through some of the concepts underpinning the science of Artificial Intelligence such as:
1. Can machines ‘reason, learn, and act intelligently’?
2. What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
3. What is Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)?
4. What science and engineering underlie AI?
5. How are autonomous systems built?
6. What is Deep Learning?
7. What is Big Data? What is [robotic] singularity?
8. Where is science and engineering leading the world with AI and AGI?
The occasion was graced by the presence of the President of the GhIE, Ing. Leslie Ayeh, the Executive Director of the GhIE, Ing. Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, PP Ing. Kwame Boakye and Ing. Frederick Asare-Yeboah