QCE VACANCY FOR IMMEDIATE FILL ON A USAIN CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. All applicants will be contacted. )
JLN-B360 Joint Venture is a construction firm that has been awarded a USAID Project for implementation in Liberia. The Firm is urgently seeking to hire a Quality Control Engineers (QCE) to form part of the Team immediately. This will be a 6 months contract with approved 6 months terms renewals not to exceed a total of two years with three months probationary period.
Vacancy Title: Quality Control Engineer
Vacancy Type: 6 months Contract with possibility of three additional 6-months extensions based on performance (not to exceed two years)
Location: Monrovia – Liberia
Report: Report directly to Chief of Party (COP)
Supervisory Role: Supervise the Quality Control Team
The Quality Control Engineer (QCE) will serve as the senior quality control personal on the project. He/she shall implement the project Quality Control Plan and make recommendations on issues of compliance, re-works and non-conforming work items. The Quality Control Engineer (QCE) shall also manage the implementation of the EMMP for all the projects as assigned. The primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, supervision and direction of the process leading to the project quality control and environmental compliance. All Reports and work results are directly submitted to JLN-B360. The QCE shall also execute other responsibilities as assigned by the COP.
DETAIL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities/Duties of QCE Consultant
- The QCE will establish and maintain an effective quality control (QC) system in compliance JLN-B360’s requirement as per USAID’s contract
- He/She will develop quality control systems that consist of plans, procedures, and organization necessary to produce an end product that complies with USAID’s contract requirements.
- He/She will develop QC system that covers all construction operations, both onsite and offsite, and be key to the proposed construction sequence.
- The QCE must work in close collaboration with other Environmental Consultants contracted by JLN-B360.
- Must use the EMMP to maintain the environmental plan for the quality assurance/quality control required by USAID
- Must integrate all EMMPs approved by USAID into the work plan implementation that will include any activities needed to minimize potential adverse impacts to the environment.
- Must supervise the implementation of the EMMP on all sites by sub-contractors
- He/She shall submit a Quality Control Plan no later than 15 days before the start of construction activity on a specific project in requirements of USAID’s Contract.
- The QCE shall inspect all construction sites as specified in his/hers monthly work plan that shall be approved by the CEO.
- He/She will develop a QC Plan or upgrade the existing to cover all construction operations, both onsite and offsite, including work by subcontractors, fabricators, suppliers, and purchasing agents. The QCP shall include a description of the quality control organization, including a chart showing lines of authority within QC staff independent of construction superintendents or clerk of works.
- He/She will develop a QCP or upgrade the existing that includes quality control tracking forms, recommended tests and degree of tolerance acceptable for deviations. The QCP shall indicate how work issues related to non-conforming work items and re-works will be managed.
The QCP shall also include the following:
- submittal procedures,
- control, verification, and acceptance testing procedures
- reporting procedures, including proposed reporting formats
- site coordination and meeting schedules
- site filing and recording of daily and weekly work plans and reports
- Provide a daily site report for all construction sites
- Provide a weekly site report for all project
- Provide a monthly site report for all project
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback for quality assurance
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases of materials samples provided by contractor and defining corrective actions.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing activities for all materials used on the USAID project
- Take care of all QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents.
- Develop method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Carry out Internal Audits at the sites as scheduled in the QC Plan
- The minimum qualifications include an Advance Degree or Master of Science in Construction/Project management, Civil Engineering or related fields of engineering. A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture/Construction Technology.
- Work experience as Quality Control Engineer (QCE) or an equivalent position managing similar development programs in African or equivalent environment and international (USAID, UN, World Bank, etc.) experience a plus.
- At least Ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in construction quality control and supervision with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- At least three (4) of the ten (10) years including progressively responsible supervisory work experience.
- Demonstrated skills in building construction technology, ICT skills especially as pertain to spread sheets, word, project and relative applications for engineering and construction of civil works.
- Fluent in English.
HOW TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL
Please submit your RESUME/CURRICULUM VITAE to email@example.com by email: REFERENCE “QCE Position” and a Cover Letter by December 6, 2017. Female Engineers are encouraged to apply. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Geotechnical/Geological Earthquake Engineer
Employment Type & Location
Full-Time, Nuclear Safety Assessment Centre, Nuclear Power Institute, Ghana Atomic Energy Commission, Kwabenya, Accra.
The Nuclear Power Institute (NPI) is one of theinstitutes of the Ghana Atomic Energy Commission (GAEC), the main institution of the commission that deals with the development of the relevant infrastructure needed for the development of Ghana’s nuclear power programme. The Institute serves at the technical wing of the Ghana Nuclear Power Programme Organization (GNPPO) and is made of up five centres.
The Nuclear Safety Assessment Centre (NSAC) deals with all matters related to Siting and Environmental studies related to the Ghana nuclear power programme. In addition, the centre is responsible for emergency preparedness and nuclear safety, security and safeguard aspects of the programme. The Centre is currently looking to employ the services of a Geotechnical/Geological Earthquake Engineer to joinits team. The expected individual should be a team player and should have a good understanding of earthquake engineering, with a strong background in engineering geology. The individual should have a strong analytical background and should be conversant with engineering programming. An understanding of Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Assessment (PSHA) will be a big plus. In addition, prior experience working in a nuclear or other safety-related organization would be an added benefit.
The position would require the individual to lead the geology and seismology work task of the GNPPO, and would require that the individual coordinate with personnel from various local and international institutions including the Geological Survey Department of Ghana. Both local and internationally based Ghanaian applicants are encouraged to apply.
Masters in Geotechnical, Geological, Earthquake Engineering or Engineering Seismology.
Three years minimum post-qualification experience
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a CV with a cover letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose applications are selected to move forward may be asked to buy, complete and submit an application form with other relevant documents.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFIED LECTURERS FOR CROWN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
The Crown University College (CUC) has expressed interest in securing seasoned members from Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE) as lecturers for their “Ghana TVET Vouchers Project” in the following areas of expertise:
- Auto Mechanical Engineering (Full and Part-Time Lecturers)
- Electronic Engineering (Full and Part-Time Lecturers)
- Welding and Fabrication (Full and Part-Time Lecturers)
- Garment & Textiles (Full and Part-Time Lecturers)
- Cosmetology (Full and Part-Time Lecturers)
The requested minimum qualification is Advance Craft or Full Technician Certificates (FTC)
All the programmes above are Fully Sponsored and TUITION FREE for students or learners who are enrolled and/or may enrol.
CERTIFICATION: certificates for the Voucher Project are awarded by the Ghana Education Service Technical Examination Unit. Duration of the programmes is six (6) months. Qualifications to be awarded on completion of any of the accredited Voucher programmes is CERTIFICATE.
ACCREDITATION: the programmes are fully accredited by COTVET and sponsored by the “Ghana TVET Voucher Project partners.
ADMISSION: Admission is open to all Ghanaian students who may want to access this opportunity. Interested applicants can purchase application forms at all regional post offices and the Engineering Council.
Interested members should forward their CVs to email@example.com
REQUEST FOR QUALIFIED LECTURERS FOR CROWN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Job Vacancy! Job Vacancy!!